Wednesday, May 14, 2008

After today, I'll be making some minor changes to my morning routine

I had quite the morning today! It stormed last night and was still raining this morning. I was getting around a little later than usual. I walked out of my apartment at 8:45, 8:50ish. I did the same thing I do every morning: I went to my car and put my laptop in my trunk. I put my keys and purse in the front seat. Then, I went to the grass on the side of my building so Piper could use the bathroom before we left.

Since it was raining, her feet were all wet. I walked to my passenger's side door to spread her blanket over the seat and let her in on that side so she wouldn't get my seat covered in mud. The door was locked, so I walked back around to the driver's side to unlock it. I hit the button, closed my door and walked back to the passenger's side to let Piper in. Only instead of UNlocking my door, I had locked it. And closed it. And locked myself out of my car.

Thank goodness with K being gone, I always have my phone on me -- and thank goodness it has Google maps on it! I was able to find a locksmith and call to have someone come break into my car. I waited and waited and waited. Finally, at 10:00 (about 40 min. after I called), a locksmith showed up. About 20 minutes and $90 later, I had my keys and purse.

What just goes along with my morning is that as soon as I opened my door to get my keys and purse, Piper took that as her cue to hop in the car. So even after my ridiculous effort to keep my seat from getting muddy, Piper still managed to get filthy paw prints all over it. Go figure!

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Oh, I hate when that happens! I've locked my keys in the car probably half a dozen times that I can remember, and I feel like a dolt every time. Back in the "olden" days, you could call the fire department to come help you break in, but they aren't allowed to do that anymore because of liability issues. *sigh*

a tall sassy gal said...

Hilarious!!! Glad you got your keys back.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, it happens. I think the worst I ever did was lock my keys in the car while it was running and filling it up with gas on a Sunday in Nacogdoches, Texas. Pick which element I failed at the most. Fortunately, $50 later and a grumpy locksmith I didn't burn too much time or gas.

~Jef

s said...

haha too funny, glad you finally got back into your car.