Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I don't remember having this problem last year!

I swear, I absolutely cannot get enough to eat and drink since the bike ride started. Today was the first day since Saturday that my bladder hadn't woken me up exactly three minutes before my alarm was to go off (I think it was getting close, though)!

I drank 64 ounces of water before 1:00 this afternoon -- and that doesn't include the milk with my cereal this morning or the water I got from the food I ate through the day to that point.

Which brings me to the eating. I'm snacking constantly! I've been eating little snacks every 45 minutes to an hour. For the most part, they've been healthy (carrots, 90-calorie Special K bars, an orange, plain almonds), but still!

I talked to Intense Co-Worker today, and he's doing the same thing. In fact, College Friend, AJ and I were talking this weekend about how much more we've all been eating since we started training for the ride. Before AJ said something, I had thought maybe I was just going through a hungry phase. I joked that it's a good thing K isn't here because I'd be freaking out and thinking I needed to get a pregnancy test. Since that's physically impossible, I guess my metabolism is just in (insanely) high gear right now.

So today I've been eating every 45 minutes and running to the bathroom about every 30 (that much water will do that to you). I'm over halfway through my third 32-ounce bottle of water today, and it's not even 3 p.m. (Thank goodness I use a refillable water bottle!)

And guess what I need to go do again?!

1 comment:

a tall sassy gal said...

How funny! You are totally needing to rehydrate from the weekend.