Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Two weeks, one post

My my, has life been hectic lately. I'm afraid you'll be a little upset with me when you find out one of the MAJOR things that happened well over a week ago ... and I haven't blogged about it yet. But that's how busy I've been! Seriously!

Here's a taste:

Friday, May 9: Went to Sw!tchfoot & Gav!n DeGr.aw concert with AJ & College Friend. both were awesome (especially Sw!tchfoot). (pictures coming)

Saturday, May 10: Went to OK to celebrate my old roomie's graduation. (pictures coming)

Sunday, May 11: On my way back to Dallas, stopped by to see my mom -- for the first time since Christmas of 2006.

Talked to K for over an hour. It was the longest we'd talked in months!

Monday through Thursday: Work. Gym. Repeat.

Friday, May 16: Rode bikes 22 miles with AJ. Went to concert to see Eve 6 (who seemed very bored with themselves) and Everc!ear (who was AWESOME).

Saturday, May 17: Did 40-mile bike ride with AJ that morning. Immediately after ride, dropped my car off at my apartment, then headed north with AJ to meet my grandpa & great uncle near the Texas border to pick up a roasted pig that my dad had cooked. Dropped off pig at ER's parent's house. Went home & showered. Made fruit salad. Headed to ER's for luau party. (pictures coming)

Sunday, May 18: Tried to force myself to stay home and do nothing. It worked in the morning, but not so much at night. Oh well ... Still managed to get to bed really late for all I had to do that night.

Monday, May 19: Work. Gym. Got to talk to K. Made him a care package, complete with new & awesome pean.ut butter cookie recipe.

Tuesday, May 20: I think Piper did such a good job vacuuming my kitchen floor while I was cooking that she really upset her stomach. She destroyed my carpet yesterday morning. I spent 30 minutes before work picking up, blotting and finally scrubbing. And 30 minutes after. Good thing it's a long weekend. I'm pretty sure I'll be steam cleaning my carpet. Oh well, it's a good excuse to do it.

Work. Four-mile run.

Phone calls with K's family. Evidently K has a cousin who was in Afghanistan. (I think K had told me this once before, but I must've forgotten.) The cousin had only been in Afghanistan since January. He was killed yesterday morning by a roadside bomb.

K's dad and brother wanted me to tell K about it next time I talk to him, but that probably won't be until next week. I had to try to send K a nonchalant email telling him I'd heard from his dad & brother and that they're fine, but they need to talk to him. I'm not sure how close he was to this cousin, but either way, I didn't want to tell K what happened in an email. Hopefully he gets in touch with his family soon, and hopefully he handles it OK.

I'm sure it's hard on his family to know that this happened and to still have one family member who's deployed. I felt really guilty for the thought that entered my head when I realized that. So guilty that I can't voice the thought by putting it here (and I'll definitely never say it aloud), but I'm sure you can figure it out.

Please pray for his family right now.

Wednesday, May 21 (today): Work. I was supposed to go to the gym, but I skipped it. There's been too much going on, and I needed the break.


I've actually got a big few days coming up, as far as markers go.

Tomorrow (May 22): Piper's 1st birthday. I can't believe my little puppy is growing up so fast!

May 23: Official countdown begins for K's and my "real" wedding. Which means I have to start planning. And find a dress already. I don't feel stressed about it, though, because our reception is booked and halfway paid for, and the church is booked. That was done BEFORE the Florida wedding in September. And we have a really awesome photographer. And I've talked to a cake lady. Plus, since we got our perfect wedding in September, it takes the pressure of perfection off of this one.

But ONE YEAR FROM THIS DAY, K and I will finally get to live together. Ah, bliss!

Saturday, May 24: This was supposed to be my wedding day.

Monday, May 26: Three years from the day I met K. Since we didn't get to see each other again until the Fourth of July weekend that year, we spent a TON of June on the phone with each other. So much so that it felt stupid to say we started dating Fourth of July weekend (honestly, that was when we both realized we'd get married someday). So we celebrate Memorial Day weekend as our anniversary.

Tuesday, May 27: The 6-month marker of the deployment. That's a lot -- but we'll still have 9 to go.

Wednesday, May 28 (while we're throwing in big dates): CG's wedding anniversary! If these two hadn't gotten married, I wouldn't have met K. Well, I'd actually like to think God would have brought us together eventually, but thanks to them, I didn't have to wait as long. :)
(The 28th is actually my mom's wedding anniversary with her husband, too.)


So those are all the big things lately (and coming up). I promise I'll post pictures of all the fun things soon, and I'll definitely post about seeing my mom for the first time in almost a year and a half.

For now, I'm getting ready for bed. I might actually get to go to sleep before midnight! (Heck, for me lately, 12:30 is still really early!)

4 comments:

L said...

Oh my goodness Girl! You visited your mom! I AM a little upset that I didn't know sooner. ;) I am so sorry to hear about K's cousin.

The roasted pig/luau sounds like a blast! And all your biking sounds very impressive. I mean I know you're a pro at it now, but that's a lot of mileage!

Unknown said...

Damn girl! That is quite an update. I'm dying to know what went on with your mom... do you feel up to talking about it? I am also dying to see all those pictures!!

And about K's cousin... wow. I actually thought the same thought you did initially. That's human nature. I hope K handles the news OK.

xo

Anonymous said...

Wow what an update!!! I can't wait to hear how everything went with your mom and also for all the pictures!!

Sorry to hear about K's cousin. Hope K takes the news alright.

Paige said...

I thought the same thing too while reading about K's cousin - I am so sorry K's cousin died. I pray K takes it ok - take care.