Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Probably not the answer he was expecting

One of my old roommates from my senior year in college graduated last weekend, so I went to Oklahoma City to celebrate with her and our other two former roomies. The graduate's boyfriend, Daniel, was there, and I hadn't seen him in about 2 1/2 years.

"So how's married life?" he asked me.

I gave a little laugh, thinking he was joking since not much besides my last name and the presence of another ring on my finger has changed since the wedding. So I answered, "There's less talking and a lot less sex."

I guess Daniel forgot that K is deployed, because he gave me this odd, worried look. All my old roommates were laughing, and they reminded Daniel that K is in Iraq.

You could instantly see the relief on his face.

3 comments:

L said...

haha, too funny!

Anonymous said...

I could hear his heart crashing and burning in the atmosphere as I read this.

~Jef

Katrina said...

Heehee...way to scare the boy!