Friday, May 09, 2008

Hallelujah!

I'm generally a pretty happy (OK, very happy) person. I'm usually smiling, and I love talking to people pretty much about anything and everything. Since K left, I've felt like a walking zombie most of the time. Oftentimes over these past five-plus months, I've just wished I was invisible so I could avoid conversations. I wanted to avoid the pained look people would (understandably so, I guess) give me when they find out K is in Iraq. I've forced so many smiles and tried to act normal and not give away the worry, the stress and the fears that were consuming my thoughts and, really, my life. For five months, I just didn't feel like me.

But not these last few days.

There are a few things I think might have caused this sudden, oh-so-welcome change. It could be cycling and how pleased I am with my workouts and exercise right now. It could be the new friends I've made. It could be the fact I've eaten pizza and pineapple in the last week. Heck, it could even (albeit highly unlikely) have something to do with my sudden increase in water consumption.

Most of it, though, I suspect is due to the fact that I'm doing a lot of exploring and questioning with religion right now. I'm growing as a Christian. It's exciting.

So I'll go more in-depth on this later (probably next week), but I had to share. Finally, I feel like me again. And I LOVE IT!

4 comments:

a tall sassy gal said...

So glad to hear that!!

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful news! :)

L said...

Then it certainly makes sense that you're experiencing more joy - since He is the giver of it. :) I'm so glad to hear that; look forward to hearing more!

Anonymous said...

That's such awesome news!! I can't wait to hear more!