Thursday, May 08, 2008

I get my own holiday!

I thought I'd have to have kids to get my own date on the calendar (outside of my birthday). Turns out all I had to do was marry K.

Since 1984, when it was started by President Ronald Reagan, Military Spouse Day has been observed on the Friday before Mother's Day. This is a neat press release from last year that explains more about the holiday.

So even though it's about an hour and a half early, I'd like to wish a happy Military Spouse Day to CG, GFF, Alyssa and mrsssg. It's pretty cool to get our own holiday for standing by our superhero husbands!

3 comments:

a tall sassy gal said...

Did he get you the camera? Hehe

Paige said...

thanks girl!

Unknown said...

Happy Military Spouse Day to YOU, sweetie!! Thank you for your support of our country and all your support of K.

I am so proud of you for completing the ride, WOW!!!! I remember you blogging about it last year and I'm so impressed. xoxo