Wednesday, July 23, 2008

(Photo) Diary of a 15k

Before

The group
















Topeka and her husband
















I was a little self-conscious of the crazy amount of crap I evidently require to run: left knee brace, right knee brace, a heart-rate monitor (watch & chest strap you couldn't see), an iPod, AND a runner's belt stocked with a water bottle and the bare essentials -- sport beans, two Cl!f bars, and my digital camera. (bare essentials, people!)





















Topeka gettin' her stretch on





















The starting line. So many people!






















During

Pictures that are cool enough to post, but not cool enough for me to spend $6 apiece on



































After

Me with Jeremy, right after we finished the run















AJ came to cheer us on and take pictures as we crossed the finish line. She got so excited, though, that the best photos came out after we crossed. :)















I FOUND A SPRINKLER!!! It was heaven.





















Done and done!

7 comments:

Liz said...

Congrats on the run. I've never been a bit runner but I just read an article about a woman who picked it up at 40 & it inspired me. I may actually try I just don't know if I have the willpower!

Katrina said...

I know I've said it before, but I'm just so, so, so impressed with you, girl! I'm glad you had an awesome time, and I hope you relish that well-earned sense of accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

its soo cool you did this! the pics are great! congrats!
cynthia-

L said...

I am so impressed! Great pictures! I would be running with two braces, too!

Chastity said...

Congratulations! That's quite an accomplishment!!

Anonymous said...

congrats! that's awesome, and those pics are great.

a tall sassy gal said...

You are so adorable and glad you were able to finish it!