Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Do you think they have meetings for this?

My friend Danielle was in town for the weekend, and she came to watch me finish the half-marathon. She took some pictures when I crossed the finish line, and that's what I'd planned to post last night. She didn't realize I was planning on sprinting the last leg, so what she captured in the finish line photo I uploaded last night was a bunch of speakers and an empty finish line.

I'm that fast when I sprint. lol

So that's why I haven't posted pictures yet. Luckily, AJ came to take pictures as well, and she said she got some good ones that she's going to send to me today. They should be on here soon!

I feel completely recovered from the run now. A massage on Monday night definitely helped reduce tension in some sore muscles!

I had really been looking forward to a break from running, so it's been very surprising that I can't stop looking for more runs to do. I'm ready for another. Now that I've done a half-marathon and beat my first 15k time, I'm wondering how much more I could shave off my time if that was all I had to run. Or a 10k -- I could probably get a pretty decent time with that one, too.

So I guess this is where it all goes downhill. I can't believe how quickly it happened. For the girl who hated running, all it took was a little half-marathon to become totally addicted.

Yikes.

*******************

UPDATE: I found a half-marathon in December that I totally want to do, but Jeremy couldn't run it because his Christmas party is the night before (can't run when you're hung over). I ran it by him (badum-ching!) that he could train for the run with me, but just not run it.

He actually went for it!!!

I'm so signing up!

No comments: