Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sometimes you've gotta laugh at the irony

I bought the tickets months ago. I got up early the morning they went on sale and went straight for my computer. I had saved the venue's site on my favorites list, so I clicked on it and refreshed my window over and over until I was allowed to purchase.

The show was sold out in minutes, but I got my tickets.

When the band's latest album came out last June, I bought it minutes after midnight. I fell asleep listening to it and imagining how awesome it will be to hear the songs live.

So imagine how I felt when I woke up today -- the very day of the Coldplay concert -- and realized that sometime during my peaceful slumber, a cold had taken over my body.

Awesome.

(On the other hand, given the band's name, it is kind of funny ...)

No comments: