Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Good thing I wasn't getting my hopes up

My first responses to my little ad:

Hi there 31 swm. I'm 6ft 197lbs with 9.6 % Body fat. I have brown hair, (if I don't have it shaved all bald) brown eyes, and tan. I do have my Masters in Business. I do have a job. My father and I own a Business ... building racing engines for professional racers. I never would have thought this, but I love what I do for a living. I love to dance, and work out in the gym. I also drink from time to time. I don't smoke or do any drugs. I've never been married, and I don't have any kids. I do have pictures if you would like to see. My cell phone is ...

Brian



Second response:

hi im 19 and I love running but havent been running andwan to get back in shape im 140 now but wan to run just because it will help me feel better and so on. well I would love to run with u . im hispanic


What I'd like to say to the first guy:

Dear Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. However, I think we have a slight misunderstanding. I don't give a shit how tall you are, what color your eyes are or especially what your body fat is. I also think it's gross that you're tan in November.

I am married, although I don't have kids. My husband is about 5'11". I don't know his body fat or weight, but there's a pretty good chance his arms are bigger than yours.

Congrats on your master's degree, and your business sounds cool too. Maybe you should talk to my brother.

You mentioned absolutely nothing about running, though, so you won't be talking to me.

Thanks for nothing,
me



What I'd like to say to the second guy:

Dear hispanic, How can you love running if you haven't done it before? That doesn't make sense. Also, what does being Hispanic have to do with running?

TTYN,
White girl

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

try meetup.com

Unknown said...

LOL! Too funny.

I read something in one of my fitness magazines about a site that pairs you with workout partners. Maybe Nike hosts it? I can't remember, but maybe one of your other readers has heard of it.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness that's hilarious.

Anonymous said...

I like long walks on the beach and pina coladas, can I run with you?

LOL

Oh man, some people's kids.

Knot

Anonymous said...

!!!!!!!!!

At least you gave 'em great responses. Wankers.

Morgan said...

Hilarious!

Mrs. Architect said...

That is SOOOO freakin' funny!!!