Saturday, August 01, 2009

All good in the 'hood

Last night I texted Kris an apology. I thought about mentioning college football or something along those lines, but I thought it might seem more like an excuse than an apology. It also wasn't quite true. Any animosity I have toward Georgia (and its football team) is entirely due to my immature animosity with K's ex. I've never met the girl. She hasn't given ME a reason to dislike her. I just don't do well with mysteries. I really think I'd be better with it all if I'd just met her at some point.

Anyway, Kris texted me back this morning thanking me for the apology. She said she knew I was just being silly, but that it's hard for her because she's friends with K's ex and her entire family on facebook. Kris said she just gets sensitive and overprotective sometimes. Understandable. I still felt pretty crappy about the whole thing, but it's done. No sense dwelling on it.

In other news, K and I got our wedding video today! We watched it this afternoon, and it's really good. There are parts of it -- particularly the part where we tell "our story" -- that are pretty dang funny. I'm glad we got that video. We'll have fun watching it over the years.

We also painted the second coat on our guest bedroom today. I had wanted a nice, calming green, but when our green paint went up over the terra cotta-colored walls, it looked more like a very energizing neon green instead. Yikes! There was also the fact that it made the terra cotta look pink. We'd basically made our room look like a watermelon. K suggested leaving a wall or two terra cotta, then painting black spots on it to complete the look.

After we got the second coat on today, I was so relieved to see the color looked much better than with the first coat. It still may be a bit more on the energizing side, but that's OK. At least it's not neon green. And once we put the bed back with its white bedskirt and comforter, along with the dark curtains to keep the sun from overheating the room, it just might be the perfect color to balance everything out. We'll find out tomorrow, I guess.

























































In a little over an hour, we'll head over to the neighbors' for the wine party. Hopefully we meet some nice people there.

And tomorrow, I want to go to a church I found nearby. If I like it half as much as I loved my church in Dallas, I'll be very happy.

I guess K and I have a pretty exciting 24 hours ahead of us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cannot wait to hear about how your wine party and the visit to your new church went!

As for the Facebook comment -- oh well. We all say/type stupid things. :) Glad Kris brushed it off!

Courtney said...

pretty color!!! Kyle and I are in the midst of selecting paint. Hardest thing EVER!!!!!