Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The gift of beer

Today is K's birthday. His 31st birthday.

He told me a couple months ago that he'd like a kegerator for his birthday. So a little over a month ago, I started doing research on them. I talked to his friends who know about them. And I ordered one. It's here. Right now. In the garage.

I don't really know much about kegerators. I know being a PA boy, K loves his Yuengling. I called around at a few places this morning to find a half-barrel keg of Yuengling, and it wound up being harder to find than I thought. I found a wine store with one left. So at 9:54, I found myself standing outside it, waiting for the employees to open the doors at 10. Three other people were waiting with me. Interesting ...

I bought the keg, and I headed to pick up the kegerator. The keg weighs 180 lbs. The kegerator weighs 150. I definitely can't haul them inside myself! It's almost 90 degrees outside, which means the keg can't stay in the car in the garage for long, so I called K and asked him to come home for lunch a little earlier.

He should be here in about 10 or 15 minutes. I'm getting anxious. Why didn't I buy a 1/4-barrel keg? That would've been so much smarter. Or if I'd waited. Why didn't I wait? What if the beer is skunky by the time we get it in the kegerator?

Why do fun surprises always wind up making me so anxious?!

3 comments:

Mrs. Architect said...

What an AWESOME gift!! We got my bro a kegerator for his 21 and he LOVES it. Can't wait to hear how much he loves it!!!

Post an update!!

Unknown said...

You are the best wife EVER!!! What a fab gift... just think of all the fun times you'll get out of it!

PS. Thank you for the comment you left... I deleted crazy person's comment and am trying to just shake it off... people are so rude!

Anonymous said...

Eeeee! You're the best wife ever.