Thursday, August 27, 2009

Isn't that just my luck!

I stepped into the garage just as K was pulling into the driveway for lunch yesterday. I handed him a card that had a picture of a mug of beer with candles in it. The inside said, "To heck with cake and ice cream!" I had written, "NOW do you remember what you told me you wanted?"

He still had no idea what I was talking about. (I resisted the temptation to say he'd forgotten because of his ripe old age of 31.) I opened the back of his Tahoe to reveal the keg and the bottom of the box the kegerator was still in. He was definitely surprised!

We carried the kegerator and the keg inside and hurried to get the keg inside. It had been out of the refrigerator for about 2 hours by that point. I had put a couple bags of ice around it in an effort to keep it cold, and I'd been in the car with the a/c on for a large part of the 2 hours.

After K headed back to work, I started calling around to try to get the CO2 tank filled so we could actually use the kegerator. That wound up being a harder task than I'd expected. The only place I found that could fill a 5 lb. CO2 tank was out of CO2. They should have more today or tomorrow, so I'll try again. But after all that, I could've just waited on the keg. Go figure.

I just hope once we do get the CO2 tank filled, the beer isn't sour because it wound up getting too warm before we got it in the kegerator!

No comments: