Tuesday, August 18, 2009

K outdoes himself again!

Yesterday morning, as he does every day now that we live in the same place, K leaned over the bed to kiss me goodbye before he left for work. He asked if I was coming downstairs. I said I hadn't planned on it (I never do before he leaves). "Oh, I just thought maybe you would," he said.

So I got up and followed him down to the kitchen, where he had a package waiting for me on the table (he thought I'd get a kick out of the wrapping paper).




















When I opened it, I was excited to see that he had gotten me something I've been wanting for a VERY long time: a digital SLR camera!

I had really wanted a Nikon D50, D60, D80 ... any one of the above. Several bloggers I read own them and LOVE them, and the pictures they post are always amazing. Then, when K and I went to visit Kris and her husband for the 4th of July, she was talking about the Canon Rebel. K has evidently been doing a lot of research, and they both seem like great cameras. He chose the Canon Rebel XSI.

I can't wait to use it, but I always like to read the manual first with new phones or cameras so I can see what they're really capable of. It'll be so fun to figure it all out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eeeee! That is AWESOME. I am totally jealous. A+, K!

Katrina said...

You are going to LOVE it! I am still discovering things it can do!

L said...

VERY exciting!!!

Anonymous said...

aughhh! OMG you are going to LOVE it!! My sis has that one (I have an old D50, but I love her Canon bc it's so light and portable compared to mine). The picture quality is AMAZING. I can't wait to see what your photos look like! xoxo, GFF