Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The house, the beach, and other crap

We've spent a lot of the last week trying to get more settled in the house. I've finally gotten the nerve to put holes in the walls and hang things. It's just hard to figure out what to put where!

We filled in a couple areas with some awesome furniture fines on Craigslist, and we've even gotten rid of a few things we didn't have room for here the same way.

We were nice and productive on Saturday. I got up early and headed to the DMV to switch my car registration over to VA. That was a nice, frustrating process, but it's done. Whew!

That afternoon, we headed to Lowe's for the umpteen billionth time since we moved in. We picked out some flowers to fill in a few areas of our back yard.











































On our way to the garden area, we passed all the toilet seats. K and I thought this one was so funny that I couldn't resist taking a picture.






















"You know what I'd do if one of my buddies had that toilet seat?" K asked.

"Take a shit, put the seat down and not flush," I said. He laughed. I know my husband so well -- but then again, males are pretty predictable when it comes to that crap (badum ching!).

It rained Saturday night, so we scratched our gardening plans. Instead, we ate pizza and watched the movie Taken. It was intense, but a good movie.

Sunday, we slept in and then headed to the beach. We chose to mix things up and go to a beach our neighbors had told us about. It's much less touristy than VA Beach -- and it's way closer! The other beach we really like is in the bay, so it was nice to have another option that's actually an ocean beach. We'll definitely go back to it.

It has a cute little lighthouse on the shore. It's totally just for decoration, but I liked it. I love lighthouses and can't wait to check out some legitimate ones over our two years here. For now, this one will do.

No comments: