Monday, December 21, 2009

Feelin' that holiday frenzy

I have been a busy girl lately! It's finally my last week of work, and it couldn't come at a better time. Things have been sooooo slow. It's been maddening. I spend my days surfing the web for news stories, trying to find something to make the day go faster. I wind up spending more time on facebook than I care to, since I manage to work my way through the day's headlines pretty quickly. By the time I get home, I want nothing to do with the computer.

Anyway, I meant to do this a couple weeks ago, but I wanted to share our fun Christmas cards. We made two versions. It started out as a joke: Once we had selected our cards and chosen our photo to go on them, I asked K what he wanted them to say. He blurted out something silly, so I put it on the card to call him on his saracasm.















We thought it was so funny that we went ahead and ordered it! We got the minimum amount (12) and sent them to friends we knew wouldn't be offended or worried about having to hide it instead of putting it out with their other Christmas cards.

Everyone else got the standard well-wishing card.















We were very, very careful to make sure we sent the goofy card to the right people. I told K we'd never do the dual-card thing again, since I was worried we'd mess up.

The comments we got in response to the silly card, though, were pretty good. Maybe we will make it an annual thing!

2 comments:

Kari said...

Love love the card that K "wrote". Think it will have to be a tradition!
Enjoy the holidays!

Mrs. Architect said...

How FUN! My favorite part is "pipizzle"! haha