Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Help me decide!

K and I are running the a 10-miler on April 10. We're planning to run a 14k (which is just under 9 miles) on Feb. 13.

My problem is what lies in the middle. There's a St. Patty's Day run, and we're there. I have a choice between a half-marathon, which I've done before (and blogged about it here and here and here), and a full marathon.

I had planned to run a full marathon last April, but it turned out to be a pretty hectic year, so I couldn't do it. I had planned on training for 3 months. If I start training immediately for this full marathon, I'll get in 2.5 months. Considering that the 3 months is supposed to work even for beginner runners, I could be fine in 2.5 months.

I have to register by midnight on the 31st to avoid a higher registration fee.

So it's time for a vote: Should I do the half-marathon, or the full?

3 comments:

L said...

I'm probably the only one who will say HALF. I think a half is ambitious enough, and it won't stress you out as much. Training for a full is so time-consuming, it will potentially run your life. Then again, I'm one of those people that just doesn't see the point in full marathons. I think the only thing you get from running a full is a sense of accomplishment, which you could also have after a half. Plus too much running is bad for your joints. But of course I'd cheer you on if you chose the full! :)

Sherin said...

full, if you have time now, why not? it's on your list of things to do. this is also coming from a person who likely couldn't run a mile right now if i tried.

changxin said...

Although I do not know but can recommend that you do like your choice of the happiest