Thursday, December 03, 2009

So much for that attempt

I sent my cousin the muffins and some nice, quality reading in the form of Cosmo and US Weekly. I don't know if she reads either, but I figured there'd be nothing like some mindless, trashy reading to keep her mind off being in the hospital.

She's still there, and the baby still hasn't made his or her appearance yet. (Whew!) Unfortunately, neither has my package.

I sent it priority last Tuesday. It was supposed to take 2 or 3 days. When you factor in Thanksgiving, I figured it would get there Saturday at the latest. I had packed all the nice, homemade muffins (which took FOREVER to make, by the way!) in a cute little wintery tin. I didn't put them in an air-tight container or add the standard piece of bread to keep them moist, like I used to do when I'd ship them to K for the week-long trip they'd take to Iraq. I figured I wouldn't need that. The muffins would be fine for 2 or 3 days.

Who knows about 12, but I'm guessing it's not good. Bummer.

At least she'll still have the magazines -- if she ever gets them!

3 comments:

a tall sassy gal said...

Ok that is just freaking nuts!

Liz said...

That's ridiculous. Did you send it through the USPS? They are just awful. I'd demand your money back on the priority mail.

my life is brilliant said...

Yes, I used USPS. I haven't really had problems with them before (aside from ridiculously slow service AT the post office). I think her husband might not have brought it to her immediately. I'm sure he's got plenty on his mind, but, dude, I'm trying to pamper you're wife!