Wednesday, December 02, 2009

A photoshoot with Piper!

Sunday night after we put up our Christmas tree, I couldn't sleep well at all. I was stuck in that phase between sleep and awake, and for some reason I was really worried that our tree would topple over. How could a tiny stand with three stupid screws hold an 8-(plus-)foot tree up? As if that wasn't enough, we added lights. And tinsel. And decorations. We made it heavier. Idiots! Of course it's going to fall.

And if it didn't fall, it would catch on fire. I actually considered waking K to see if he thought the tree might catch fire. (What is it lately with all these weird dreams?!) Thank goodness, my fear vanished when I woke up Monday morning to a still-erect tree (*insert juvenile laughter) that showed no signs of having been on fire during the night.

On Monday, I put a picture of our tree on my computer desktop at work. I find myself minimizing all my open windows periodically so I can just look at it. It makes me happy.

Tonight K and I (and Piper!) did a quick photo session in front of the tree with my fabulous camera and the self-timer button. I managed to catch some fun pictures of Piper too.











































































I told K we'd have to put this last one in a frame for his dad, who adores Piper. (He's dog-sitting for us for New Year's. He's threatened to not give her back when he's done.)





























I can't say I blame him.

3 comments:

L said...

Your tree does look amazing. I am so excited to decorate ours tomorrow night! Piper is adorable in the pink outfit haha.

Anonymous said...

Piper is absolutely darling. Love the pictures! Your new camera takes awesome shots. :)

The tree at my mom and dad's house fell one year. On New Year's Day. How does a tree stand hold up a tree for two weeks but fails the day before it's supposed to come down?

Chelsea Rae said...

That last picture of Piper is fabulous! She's such a cutie!