Friday, January 28, 2011

Glam time. It's on!

K and I head out this afternoon to glorious Tejas. As I was packing for the trip last night, I kept reaching for dressier shirts and fun necklaces and bracelets and bangles.

I never wear fun necklaces and bangles. Pretty much just when I'm really going out, which hardly happens.

And then I realized what I was doing. See, girls in the VA Beach area just don't dress up. I miss getting to go out with the girls in OK & TX. It meant wearing really cute (or really hot) dresses, heels and dangly earrings. It meant getting dolled up and fixing your hair and having one of the girls do fun eye shadow for everyone. It meant freezing your ass off on the way to wherever we were going, but feeling so good about looking damn good that you really don't care about the cold (in short increments).

It meant laughing over drinks and having so much fun just being silly and being girls.

The last time I did that -- a really good girls' night -- was July 2010. At ER's bachelorette party. Pathetic.

But this weekend? We're staying with Heather & B, and I am SO excited! Just to get to hang out with one of my closest girlfriends and be silly girls.

I may find myself a bit over-accessorized for the majority of the weekend, but -- wait, who are we kidding?! I'll be in Dallas.

Where there's no such thing as over-accessorized or too girly.

I!! can't!! wait!!!!

3 comments:

Pink Sun Drops said...

I do love that about Texas! Cali is so laid back and casual, which I also love, but I do love that you can dress to the nines here and not look out of place.

Pink Sun Drops said...

PS Welcome back for a little while :) . Have fun with Heather!!

Anonymous said...

Detroit is SO not Dallas. I cannot remember the last time I went out in a fabulous dress. Boo.

Enjoy it, girlie!