Sunday, March 27, 2011

During ... & After

 I survived the big haircut, and I've got pictures to prove it.
Prepping the hair ...

Starting to cut ... 
Snip, snip, snip!

Yikes!!! 
There's a big picture gap here because I was upset at the stylist for rushing through the donation part. She tried to cut by eyeballing the measurement. I stopped her, though, and whipped out the measuring tape I'd brought just in case (thank goodness!). 

I was probably anxious about the donation, and it was all cut off so fast! By the time my hair was washed and the stylist had started cutting my post-donation hair, though, I was able to loosen up. 

And luckily, I went from reeeeeeeeally not liking the stylist to thinking she was pretty darn OK.   

Done! This is the shortest my hair has been since I was 9 years old! 

My donation. I don't know why, but I think this is kind of gross ...

The back. This lady got my hair looking as good as the NYC salon

My new baby ponytail!
I'm OK with the final results. It's a little more of a young and cute style than I'd typically go for -- especially since people always think I'm younger than I am as it is -- but it's not bad. I'm sure as I get used to it, I'll like it more and more.

For now, I'm so glad this is all done!

See the Before shots here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG. It looks FANTASTIC. And your ponytail isn't too much of a baby. Maybe a teenager? ;) Love it. And what a fantastic thing to do. Three cheers for you!