Thursday, June 15, 2006

Enough with the negativity!

I've complained a lot about my boss on here, partly because I really think it's my only outlet to do it. I definitely can't do it at work, or I won't have a boss or job to complain about!

There are people in my department who really make things better, so it's only fair to acknowledge them, too:

Dear Mike and Sarah,

You both make my day so much more pleasant.

Mike, I know I don't get to interact with you often, but when I do, you make me feel like you value my opinion. I think it's easy for a few others in the department from time to time to write me off as some fresh-out-of-college kid who doesn't quite know enough yet to be included in discussions or decisions. But you are great about that. If there's something I miss or get wrong, you let me know and tell me why it's done that way. If you change something, you let me know why. I respect that about you. It tells me that you respect me because you take the time to do that. I really appreciate that more than you know.

And Sarah ... oh, Sarah. You make me laugh. :) You are always so complimentary and so appreciative of everything I do to help you out. You do so much in the department, and it would fall apart if you weren't here. Yet you always make sure to thank other people and make sure they're recognized for what they do. I love it when you come into my office to vent. You don't do it often, but it makes me feel special that you know you can trust me, and I'm glad it makes you feel better to just get it out and that I can be there to listen.

There are definitely others I could include who make my job pleasant, but you two are definitely at the top of my list. I respect you both, and you make me feel like you respect me, too. And I really appreciate that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehe. Way to look at the positive! You should make those into real cards for them. They'd love it!