Thursday, November 08, 2007

Busy day tomorrow!

Today's been an unexpectedly slow day, which worked perfectly to my advantage, giving me plenty of time to celebrate a co-worker's birthday with her. Last night was a busy night for me. I'm off work tomorrow because I'm headed to Louisiana tonight. K has a brigade run tomorrow, and they're making it a big deal, with friends and family to cheer them on as they go. Then, tomorrow afternoon, K has a predeployment ceremony. I have no idea what to expect for either.
I made three signs last night -- one for me and two for others who didn't make any. I'll have to leave K's place at about 5:15ish (a.m.!!!) to get a pass to get on post and have plenty of time to find where the wives from his battery are standing. Should be interesting, since I don't know my way around post, and I know one whole wife who will be there -- and she's short, so she'll be harder to find.

After we cheer everyone on during the four-mile run, I'm off to get my military ID. That should be interesting. Then, battling the crowd again to get to the deployment ceremony. It'll be a busy day, but not as busy as the weekend.

The movers are coming to load up K's things and put them in storage on Saturday. K doesn't want his awesome mattress and TV sitting and collecting dust for 15+ months, so I'm taking his mattress and mine is going in storage. My dad is getting the TV because it's 60 inches, so it would take up my whole living room. That means K and I will be delivering the TV to OK. We're hoping we can get that done on Saturday. That way, we can have my dad's delicious steak and stay for the night, then get up early Sunday morning to make it back in time for church at 11. Immediately after church, we have a marriage counseling appointment. I'm looking forward to it.

And Sunday afternoon? No plans. Finally. We're gonna need it.

So now I'm off to Louisiana. It's going to be a long night, a long day tomorrow, and one crazy weekend.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Yikes!!! Busy busy indeed!

Cheer for K for me as he runs by!

s said...

hope you got to relax a little this weekend or just breathe once or twice.

Stacey Brandow said...

It's Thursday! Where are you?