Saturday, June 21, 2008

True story

I made a quick trip to the mall tonight. When I was leaving and got to my car in the parking garage, I noticed a rather large truck was squeezed into the spot next to me. I wondered how anyone could get out without hitting my car. I walked around to the passenger's side. Sure enough, there was a ding near the door that I didn't remember being there. Just to be sure, I put my finger at the edge of the truck's door and swung my hand out to see if it would line up. It did.

So I wrote a note and left it on his windshield:

You hit my car with your door. That was not nice.
Thanks for the new gray mark. Please be more careful.


Here's hoping next time, the driver won't squeeze into such a small spot -- and if he does, maybe he'll be more careful with his door.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You needed to leave this addendum to the note, "I wrote down your license plate number, so that if you don't contact me at the number below I'll go to the police and file charges. Hear from you soon ..."

Knot

a tall sassy gal said...

Just ridiculous people just don't care anymore. I would have left a note too!

Katrina said...

I'm glad you left a note. Sometimes I don't say anything when someone does something rude, letting it get under my skin instead. I'd like to assume, though, that those people are just unthinking rather than downright obnoxious, and maybe a note will help them mend their ways!

Courtney said...

!! The nerve !! I'm glad you called him out on it!

Wendy said...

I agree - I would have written down his license number!

Anjeanette said...

This happened to my boyfriend last week! We parked outside of a restaurant and some old beater parked *into* my man's new porsche...and just stayed there! He didn't even correct his parking or leave the scene. He just stayed parked with his bumper into my boyfriend's car. Some people are so clueless it's scary!

s said...

i wouldn't have said please and i probably would have used a nice four letter word as well. i hate when people just don't pay attention!

s said...

we have to set something up for texas, do you have my email?