Monday, June 30, 2008

Evidently I've had some funny conversations lately

Topeka, Jeremy and I all went out to dinner a few nights ago with some of Jeremy's childhood friends, who are now husband and wife and were in town for a concert.

Jeremy grew up in the same neighborhood as the husband. The husband had started dating his wife, Erica, in high school. They all grew up in OKC -- quite a ways away from the small Oklahoma town I grew up in.

Seeing as how Erica and her husband were going to a concert, we were all talking about music. We were discussing popular songs and artists and which ones we loved and which ones made us want to beat our heads against a wall.

Erica said, "Oh! I really love [fairly new male artist]."

"Oh my gosh! One of my guy friends helped him with that album! He co-wrote one of the songs on it!" I said, excited.

Erica got this weird look on her face. "What's your friend's name?"

"Daniel [last name]."

"That's my ex-boyfriend!" Erica said.

Topeka, who grew up in Houston, immediately blurted out, "How small is Oklahoma?!"

No comments: