Thursday, February 25, 2010

What a difference a few days makes!

After my last post, themisadventuresofk suggested I try MeetUp.com. I created a profile, looked around a bit, and joined some groups. I sent a couple normal-looking girls messages, promising them I wasn't crazy.

I'm meeting one of them for lunch tomorrow!

I looked in a few new places for jobs, and I found one that sounds pretty magnificent. Trouble is, it's 45 miles away. But it's editing and it's writing and it's working with people. It's even slightly managerial (whoa!). The description says it would be a great entry-level position for the right candidate. With my experience, I very well could be the right candidate.

I don't know the hours, and I don't know the pay, so I sent in my resume and some writing samples. Maybe something will come of it, and maybe nothing will come of it. But if all the best-case scenarios happen and I get offered the job, if in the end the commute will be too rough, I don't have to take the position. And who knows? Maybe it'll lead to some other possibility.

So that's what I've got now: possibilities. Much more exciting.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Yeah!!! So happy for you...
As for the long commute -- there are ways to make it a little easier...possibly working 4 days a week (4 longer days??), work 3 days a week in office and 2 days a week at home etc...
It takes time-- but somehow things usually work out...I just hate the waiting!
Good luck!

Kari

my life is brilliant said...

Absolutely, Kari! I'm not sure if the office will be OK with that schedule, but I don't know that they won't, either!

I figured I can take it one step at a time. We'll see what comes from it!