Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Things you should try

  1. Watching Zombieland. When K and I saw it at the theater, I just knew I'd hate it. The first 5 minutes were exactly what I expected. I prepared myself for torture ... and boy, was I surprised! The movie is so funny! It came out on video last night, so we watched it again. Hilarious!
  2. Halestorm. You may not be a rock music fan, but seriously, give them a listen. Lzzy's voice is just amazing -- and it's even better in person! K and I saw them in concert Monday night for the 3rd time. Man, can that girl wail! Considering 2009 was their breakout year, I wouldn't be surprised to see them explode in 2010.
  3. H&M. If you don't live near one, you may be lucky enough to wind up near one at some point this year. If that's the case, make the trip. It's worth bringing a bigger suitcase!
  4. Envirosax bags. I love these things so much that I gave them to my closest friends as Christmas gifts this year. Who wouldn't want to save the planet and look good doing it?!
  5. ULTA's formaldehyde-free and toluene-free nail polish. (That means it's more environmentally friendly than most other nail polishes!) It stays on great, and I am loving Deep Desire on my fingernails right now. I can't find it on the website, but thank goodness I found it in the store! It's a nice dark purply color, so it's a subtler version of the gothic black nails everyone seems to be wearing right now. It's a perfect winter shade!
Oh, and speaking of that concert on Monday, I have to share a picture of the loot I scored during the performance of the headliner band, Theory of a Deadman.




















That's right, a guitar pic and a drumstick. I actually managed to get 4 guitar pics, but I gave the other 3 away to people who didn't get one. Why not share, right?

Happy Hump Day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Zombieland! I will add it to my Netflix queue... I didn't even give it a second thought at first to be honest. :)

I can't wait til we move somewhere with real stores/shops... droooool.