Friday, February 15, 2008

Because it's not my birthday

I'm heading to OK this weekend to help two of my roomies from my senior year celebrate birthdays. One of the girls' is today; the other's is Sunday. We're supposed to go out for dinner tonihgt and then head to a bar that I love in Norman afterward. I'm excited.

The birthday girl wants to feel pretty, so she's going all out. She was supposed to get her hair done this morning, and she's getting her makeup done this afternoon. She's wearing a dress out. To a sports bar in a college town.

The other birthday girl is getting a new haircut today too. She's also wearing a dress out tonight.

And so is the 4th roomie. Which means I will wear a dress as well so I don't screw up cute pictures by being the only one not in a cute dress. Even thought it's about 30 degrees in OK today. And I'm recovering from the flu.

Tonight should be fun, though. Cold, but fun.

It's tomorrow night I'm definitely not looking forward to. We're going to eat sushi for dinner (hate it) and head to a dance club (yuck) after -- a trashy hip-hop dance club!

Although I've managed to list mostly negatives here, I think it'll be a good weekend, all in all. The four of us old roomies always have a blast when we get together. I just have to get my complaints out before I get to OK so I can put on a happy face even if I can't breathe through my nose.

Things that are definitely awesome about this weekend, no matter what:
  1. I am getting off work early to make it to OK in time for dinner. In fact, I'm leaving work in 7 minutes!
  2. I am leaving Piper here to be taken care of in Dallas. She's adorable, but I'm looking forward to a break since I'm the little pup 24/7.
  3. Guaranteed fun with the girls.
  4. I'm going to Oklahoma!!!

5 comments:

L said...

I hope you have fun despite the sushi and dance club. What about the california roll? I always get that and anything with salmon and cream cheese. I bet they will have other things to order besides sushi (I hope).

Enjoy Oklahoma!

Courtney said...

Sushi and dancing!?!?! I love sushi and dancing! Want me to go for you? I'm a good friend like that.

Katrina said...

Any excuse to put on a cute dress is good in my book! (Box up your sushi--I'll eat it!) Have fun, you. :)

a tall sassy gal said...

I love sushi and suprised you don't. But I am sure you found something on the menu you could eat.

Come on now a trashy hip club is fun when you do it only once a year.

I am sure seeing all your friends and being in Norman made the whole weekend worth while.

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun...sushi yum! Hip hop dance club...not fun. I would not like that either. I'd much rather sit front row of an 80's cover band and drink beers....and then when I get brave enough finally get up and dance to Mustang Sally...okay that's not 80's but you get my point.

Give us the deets soon!!