Tuesday, September 29, 2009

For a minute there, I wondered if she had read my post about our first meetup

The dog park "date" went well. It was funny -- when I called Jill back, I explained that I had lost her number because I had phone trouble just a couple days after I met her. (It was true.) Jill immediately said, "Oh, good! I was worried I'd talked too much and scared you off! I have a tendency to talk about people I know but you don't know, and I just knew I'd bored you to death."

(Eerie, huh?!)

The conversation was much better this time, thanks to the welcome addition of our dogs and a few others at the dog park. Jill seemed more at ease. There were still a few times she revealed some random negatives, like how her husband said he's tired of their dog after 4 years, but how he probably feels that way because he hates his job and it's affecting things outside of work. I guess that random negative just leaves me more apprehensive about ever meeting her husband than anything (seriously, who "gets tired" of your DOG after having her for FOUR YEARS?!).

I'm still not going to be calling Jill up just to chat or see if she wants to go browse around the mall, but I definitely feel better about the one person I know in this area who isn't retired (well, besides my husband).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad it went a little bit better this time around.

I totally would have gone out with her again, too, even after the circumstances of the first blind date. It doesn't hurt to give someone a second chance!