Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a dining room!

I'm so sorry to have left you with Miley Cyrus's face for so long. That wasn't what I'd intended, but it's been busy lately! We had a few friends come in for the holiday weekend, so I spent last week getting things ready for their arrival. Every time we have guests come, the house is a little more finished than it was before.

This time, we actually had a dining room table! K and I ordered our table and bedroom furniture way back on July 6. The store was having a special, complete with free delivery. Evidently our bedroom set was on backorder and was set to arrive in mid-August. Since it still wasn't in stock, we didn't get our table either. We finally called and complained, and voila! Our table was here a few days later. Finally!




















It happened to arrive the day after K and I bought a new grill, so we celebrated both with a nice steak dinner.




















We found a nice rug to go underneath the table. Now, all we need is to finally get rid of my bachelorette couch, since I ixnayed K's stadium seating idea. (Supposedly a buyer is coming to pick it up soon.)





























I made our cute little chandelier shades when I had trouble finding any dark blue ones online. I also had this sign custom made on etsy.com. It's a piece of advice an old boss gave me that I thought was worth a daily reminder.






































I'd really like to paint this room yellow. I think it would be nice if we could do some sort of paint treatment so it's not just INYOURFACEYELLOW. We'll see. I also want to find a china cabinet eventually, so I'll probably check out Craigslist every now and then. After that, this room will be complete!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh! Lookin' good!

a tall sassy gal said...

Wow you are coming along faster than we are! :)