Wednesday, September 30, 2009

By far, the shortest wedding I've ever been to

Last weekend, K and I headed to New Hampshire for a friend's wedding. The ceremony was beautiful. It lasted maybe two minutes. That's a pretty generous estimate.
















































The groom is a friend from when K was stationed in Louisiana, so it was a nice reunion for everyone.




















For lunch after the ceremony, there was a lobster for everyone! It was the first time I'd ever eaten lobster myself (I'd tried a small piece, I think, from K or my dad). I'd definitely never gone through the whole process of cracking one myself. For dessert, there was blueberry cornbread. Mmm!





















































































































During the cocktail hour, the bride and groom stepped away to take some pictures in a sandbar on the water. Even though I nearly froze to do it, I escaped to take snap some shots of their best sides. A seal actually swam during their photoshoot!






















































































The ceremony was in New Hampshire, almost at the Maine border. It was my first time in both states. They were as beautiful as I'd imagined. The weather was much cooler there than in VA, and the leaves were already starting to change.






















After our lighthouse experience two weeks ago, I was excited about the possibility of seeing more in NH and ME. We got to see two in one place! It's crazy how different the beach looks a few hours north.






























































































It was a beautiful weekend, but it went by so fast. K and I will definitely be heading back that direction someday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh! Pretty! And that picture of you in the lobster bib is just too adorable. :)

Sherin said...

ahh looks beautiful! on a side note i'm hoping our ceremony could last two minutes because i am so nervous about standing up in front of all these people, serious stage fright.

where is the wedding in ny this weekend? do you have any free time?