Thursday, September 10, 2009

It's us in a room!

Before K and I got married (heck, before we got engaged!), we had a deal: We would have a room in our house that would be half devoted to OU, and half devoted to whatever K chose. We decided to make that room our office.

Once we started putting things up and deciding what would go where, the room became more of a half-K, half-me room. I love it!

We have our big bookshelf that contains a lot of special mementos to us. I've got an OU shelf, a shelf of things from my hometown and childhood (which includes a diecast model of a car my brother worked for when he first started in NASCAR). The top shelf has memorabilia from K's two tours to Iraq. The fourth shelf contains items from K's time in Korea and Afghanistan, and the bottom shelf is our college yearbooks, my Army wife books, and some patriotic memorabilia.

We've got a few Yuengling items up, which represents K and his home state of PA. We have my nice OU football that's just waiting for a Bob Stoops autograph. And the 2006 glasses from our first New Year's together, spent in NYC.

There are framed gifts from K's old units, and pictures from my time in the Pride (yes, I'm in that OU picture). I even have my rehearsal bouquet in a vase on the desk.

Nearly everything in that room is an important, special item that represents who each of us is today and how we got here. I love it!

View from the doorway (turned slightly to the right)
View from corner by desk (in front of the sombrero in the picture above)
From in front of the bookcase (you can see the door to the room on the left)

Closeup of my OU stuff (again, the door is on the left)
Another detail shot of some of K's Army mementos

3 comments:

Mrs. Architect said...

I looooooove it!!!!!

L said...

That is very cool! I really love the crimson on the blue walls. Great shade of blue. It also makes the room look effortlessly patriotic.

Chelsea Rae said...

That is so cool!