Thursday, March 04, 2010

I made it to Round 3

My phone interview today went well. I learned a little more about the job, and I think it's something I might actually enjoy.

It's a writing position (which would require a bit of a complete gear switch after four years of editing), so I'm a little nervous about how long it'll take me to feel comfortable -- especially since my inner "you suck" voice is really strong when I'm not comfortable in my work.

It seems like I'd be working with a team on a regular basis, which is a huge plus. That's one of the things I missed most about editing -- working with people and truly feeling like part of a team.

The woman who conducted the phone interview said she felt a bit of a connection to me because I'm an OU grad. I guess when she was in school in NY, somehow a lot of her classmates were from OU. After we'd talked about 20 minutes, she asked me to come in for a face-to-face interview with the director.

When I told K about the interview, he congratulated me about getting a follow-up. "It's just a phone interview," I said. "What could I have said that would make them not want a face-to-face?" K told me I'd be surprised, that he's sat through plenty of awkward phone interviews that don't lead to in-person meetings.

I should be getting an email soon with different times to choose from for this face-to-face interview. Hopefully it goes as well as the phone one!

No comments: