Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Ready for some island time!

K and I went to Hawaii in 2007. Because I had just started a new job and K had just gotten a new colonel at work, we didn't want to be gone too long. After our jam-packed four days left us with no time to even relax on the beach (Although we did go snorkeling, take a mini-hike, take surf lessons and go sky diving. There was a wedding in there as well, but no proposal or kissing for me.), we swore we'd go again, and we'd stay longer when we did.

Imagine our excitement when two of our closest friends, CG and Joe, got stationed in Hawaii! We knew we'd have to go visit them at some point. We were hoping to visit them sometime this August or September. In true military style, though, in mid-February, they found out they'd probably be leaving sooner -- like in August -- so Joe could go to a school.

K and I snapped into action and started working with them to find a time that would work for all of us to visit. So many of their friends and family members have trips planned over the next few months, but we were able to find a time that worked great for all of us. And this time, we're staying for seven days.

We booked the flights last night. In three weeks, K and I will be on our way to Hawaii!!! It's a little last-minute, obviously, but that's kind of how we roll.

I've got a lot to do until then! What better excuse to pull out my ab exercise ball? I think I'll get a spray tan so I don't blind everyone on the beach (I've had them for formal events. They're surprisingly good!). I can hit up the pre-season sales for a few more tank tops and maybe even cute skirts & dresses. I've needed a pedicure for a while, and now I can finally justify it.

I'M GOING TO HAWAII!! Woohoo! Maybe I'll even get to kiss K there this time!

No comments: