Monday, March 15, 2010

Update on the job

So I heard back about the job today ... sort of. They want me to come in again on Thursday. Evidently there's "one other person who needs to meet you." Hmm ... I'm confused.

Does this mean they'll be offering me the job, or does it mean they're still deciding? In the face-to-face interview, I met the person who would be my supervisor and the director. Who else would I need to meet?

I don't know the hours or salary of this job. I'd hate to drive there again, learn that information, and have it not be enough to justify the commute. Especially since I have to drive through traffic to one military base and one major tourist attraction on my way there. Yikes. I don't want to waste their time.

Also, all three of the references I gave them last week said they'd let me know if they were contacted. I haven't heard from any of them, so I'm guessing they weren't.

I'm planning on going to this additional interview, but the whole fact it's even an issue leaves me really confused. Considering they've already done a phone interview and an in-person interview, what else do they need to know?

And wouldn't you know I just repainted my nails to purple last Friday? Am I going to have to redo them in another color AGAIN?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha. Painting your nails purple totally got you a second in-person interview. Murphy's Law!

Good luck! :)

L said...

Keep the purple nails! That won't make or break a job offer. And I would always take it as a good sign if they're asking you to come in again. Maybe they like you so much, they don't feel the need to call your references, who knows.

Liz said...

Hm, I have to disagree with L on the nails. I know that you work in a very corporate world, L, so I'm sure you know what you're talking about, but I have to be honest that as a manager who's done hiring, I wouldn't hire someone with purple nails. Seems silly, but I think the workplace should be professional & purple nails don't do it for me. Good luck on the interview!