Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Such a romantic

Friday night when I got to K's, I unloaded my car as I always do. I got to his door, but when I went to open it, the door slowly opened on its own. I peeked into K's apartment to see several little tealight candles lining the entryway.

I stepped inside the door to see more candles going all the way up the stairs, and even more leading into the kitchen. K emerged from behind the door and gave me a hug. We walked into the kitchen, and the table was covered with more candles, and so were the counters. On the kitchen table, though, was a plate of strawberries and whipped cream, M&Ms, little Butterfinger Easter eggs (hey, candy is seasonal!) and a bowl of my favorite ice cream -- Edy's Slow Churned Double Fudge Brownie. Next to the plate was a bottle of the champagne that I absolutely love that K and I have had the last two New Years -- Martini & Rossi Asti Spumante.

We shared the ice cream and goodies, and we each had a glass of champagne. We went upstairs, where K gave me a massage.

He did all of that because we hadn't seen each other in a couple weeks and since we didn't get to spend Valentine's Day together or do anything special for that.

Even if he's taking his time, I'm a pretty lucky girl.

5 comments:

Pink Sun Drops said...

Awwww SO sweet. What a great guy!

Brando brought me home a stock of candy last night - Cadbury creme eggs as well. Candy is totally seasonal :) . Got to love it. Mmm.

Anonymous said...

Hee. He's such a sweetie, and totally has my seal of approval.

(Not that he needed it.)

Also: new flavor of ice cream to try! Wheee!

California Girl said...

That is SO sweet! What a nice thing to do. Men operate on a different clock than us, that's all. You know he loves you and cares about you... and I'm sure he wants to do the proposal the "right" way. I'm sure he'll be coming around soon!

L said...

Ahhhh, sooo sweet!

a tall sassy gal said...

Oh my goodness he is sweet!! I just love little things like that.