Thursday, April 12, 2007

'Cause you can't be a bride without the dress!

I scheduled an appointment for this Saturday at two different bridal shops in Dallas. I'm going to try on wedding dresses! ER is busy during one of my appointments, so I will probably wind up trying on dresses alone. I really wish CG were still here, because she'd be awesome to have there. I thought about calling my mom, but she's already driving me crazy about this whole wedding thing as it is (more on that later ...). Plus, my brother is flying in to Dallas this weekend with the pitcrew for the NASCAR race, so he won't want my mom anywhere near here. I guess I'll just take pictures while I'm trying the dresses on. It'll be good to help me remember which ones I liked, and it'll be a good way to get other people's opinions. Maybe I'll even post the pictures!

I'll also be doing some location scouting for our reception. Unfortunately, K can't make it in to Dallas this weekend, so I'll be taking lots of pictures of the places I do visit. We've set our date for May 24, 2008, so I really want to book something before May 20 of this year. Those places will fill up fast.

It's a lot to do this weekend, especially since I'll be busy a large portion of Saturday afternoon hanging out with my brother and my dad and his girlfriend. I'm excited, though. This seems like it will be the fun part of the planning (although I'm sure there's stress that goes along with it, too). The dress is the part we girls dream of. What more to make me really feel like a bride than a big, poofy white dress?!

3 comments:

a tall sassy gal said...

Glad there is a date! Aww looking at dresses by yourself no fun. Can't wait to hear about the places you have looked at.

Anonymous said...

shopping for the dress is the best part! my dress was the 2nd one i tried on, which is good in one way because it doesn't take too much time, but bad in that the experience was over quickly! take lots of pics! i used my wedding planning/dress shopping/location scouting pics in our wedding scrapbook.

Courtney said...

please please pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease for the love of all that is good and holy post pictures of you and the dresses!!!!!!! I need to live vicariously through you!