Thursday, April 05, 2007

Planning this is going to be so much fun!

Although we're planning for a relaxing weekend, I have a few things I want to get finished while K is here. For one, I'd like to choose a date for our wedding. Then, I'd like to get at the least a good start on planning a budget. Finally, I'd like to choose our colors.

I was telling K all these things earlier tonight when we were on the phone. Since it's his wedding too, I asked him, "Do you have any colors you have in mind?"

"Well," he said, "I'd like to have blue."

"What else?" I asked. He thought for a bit and said something about how green goes with a lot, and then he said, "I know you really like yellow. We could do that."

I asked him what shade of blue he had in mind. He said royal. I waited for him to say anything else about color choice, and then I asked him, "Do you wanna know something funny?"

"Sure."

"I've just felt for a while like our wedding colors would wind up being yellow and blue." I told him I had pictured a royal or navy blue (closer to royal), with a shade of yellow like that awesome dress Kate Hudson wears in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.

I hadn't even gotten that completely out of my mouth before K was saying, "Yeah! Yeah!"

If the rest of the planning goes so smoothly, we'll be in pretty good shape!

3 comments:

L said...

That is so adorable. It's so cute that he cares. :)

Anonymous said...

that's awesome! we used royal blue as one of our colors. i love that shade of yellow from how to lose a guy. it's so great that k is so into being involved. it really helps to have a fiance like that. :)

a tall sassy gal said...

Can't wait to hear how the weekend went! Hope you have a date!