Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Missing the gym

Before K and I went to Hawaii, I was working out quite a bit, and I felt awesome. I was getting some serious compliments on my arms to the point I was worried they might be getting too buff. The little tummy pooch I've always had was pretty much gone. I realized I was in the best shape of my life.

The week after K and I got back was filled with unpacking, catching up on sleep to ward off the jet lag and getting things done around Dallas since K and I would be in Oklahoma that next weekend for my cousin's reception. The OK trip led to the engagement, which led to a week of phone calls and a couple girl's nights (including the one with A Tall Sassy Gal!).

The following weekend (we're at April 7th & 8th now) was K's and my relaxing weekend, where we started making some plans and laid around all weekend, with the exception of our Sunday bike ride. That week, I took my bike to work and rode a couple times, which meant I didn't make it to the gym those days. My Thursday night girls' night was one less night at the gym for me.

The weekend of the 14th & 15th, I didn't get to see K. That was when I tried on dresses (still need to post those pictures!) and found a potential reception site. I didn't make it to the gym Saturday since my whole day and night were filled. Sunday, I planned on going, but that's when Jeremy started helping me p!mp my cubicle. We worked on that Monday and Tuesday night as well, which meant I didn't go to the gym then either.

And since I left for Lousiana and Pennsylvania Wednesday after work, that meant no gym time. K and I got back late Sunday night, and I drove in Monday morning and worked from noon until 8 p.m.

I've basically had very very little gym time in the last month, and boy, do I feel it. I can tell the difference when I even climb a flight of stairs. I feel awful. Tonight, I'm free, and I'm going. I can't wait!

3 comments:

L said...

I hear you. Life really gets in the way of having a fabulous body. I always have the most legitimate reasons for not being able to work out. So frustrating!

Alyssa said...

I finally got back into the groove this week and it feels great. I love when you have the sore muscles that make it feel like you did something!

s said...

i finally got back there on monday. hopefully, i'll find some time to keep it up.