Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A view inside my shopping cart

I guess sometime over my big workout, I-can-do-this phase, I've managed to lose weight -- in my fingers. I don't normally wear rings, so I had no idea this had happened until I got one. Way back in October when Danielle and I went *ahem* exploring, if you will, at the jewelry store, I found out my ring finger was a size six. I assumed that hadn't changed. It never even occurred to me that it would.

I thought my new ring seemed a bit loose, so I went to the jewelry store to find out. Sure enough, I was told that my ring size is now five and a half. I left my ring to be resized and set out with a naked finger to run some errands.

Which brings me to Wal-Mart ...

To give you a complete visual, I had just left the gym, so I was dressed in some pretty sexy clothing: some light purple shorts and a brown T-shirt (not fitted). (Keep in mind it was probably 50 degrees at the most.)

I had already been shopping last week for the majority of my groceries. I always have a grocery list, but it never fails that as soon as I get home from shopping, I realize I am out of something that wasn't on the list, or I use the last of something and have to start my new list. (I always have a grocery list!) I was on the post-shopping-trip list, so I only needed a few things. Since I'm planning a wedding now, I had to grab a bridal magazine, and there was even a special Tex@s Guide to Weddings, which I had to get, since my wedding is going to be in Texas.

Once I was finished shopping, I had to laugh at the contents of my cart (especially since my ring was absent from my finger):
  • 5 boxes of Lean Cuisine frozen food
  • 2 bridal magazines
  • waterproof mascara
  • 1 bottle of yummy, cheap Arbor Mist
  • 1 bag of chocolate candy

3 comments:

a tall sassy gal said...

In Texas really? I just thought for sure it would be in Oklahoma somewhere. Can't wait to hear how the weekend went.

a tall sassy gal said...

Oh I always have a shopping list too. Sunday night was the first time in years that I was just winging it the grocery store. It kinda felt good. Hehe

Courtney said...

niiiiiiiiiiice.