Saturday, April 21, 2007

Excuse the honesty -- alcohol was involved

I got my bag Friday night after 10. Turns out my bag decided to go on a mini va-cay up to Manchester. Stupid thing didn't even bring me back a souvenir. Punk.

K and I drove to the location of the wedding on Friday. I found out that day that a girl who is on K's -- *ahem* -- list, if you will, would be at the wedding. Nice.

That was whole new territory for me. I'd never met a person on my significant other's list because I'd never had a significant other with a list before.

I was nervous to be meeting her. She wasn't some drop-dead gorgeous supermodel like I'd thought in my best-case scenario imagination of the meeting, so that was at least a relief. It was still weird, though. I still can't look at her without thinking, "You've seen my fiance naked -- and then some." I don't like that.

I noticed she was very attentive to him. K's a funny guy, but she was really laughing at everything he said. It was a little ridiculous. Turns out she just got engaged last week. Her fiance is really nice, and he's a friend of K's. K says they'll be invited to our wedding, and we're invited to theirs. Also weird.

Anyway, we're halfway between the reception, which was really fun, and the after-party at the hotel bar. My next post will have more substance and logic to it. I promise. And pictures!

For now, onto the party! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm ... a little weird for me too. I'm sure she was thinking, "Well, she's seen my ex-boyfriend naked and then some and she's cute."

Well, they are both with the people that love so, nothing to worry about.

~Jef

a tall sassy gal said...

I have not met one either yet. Glad you were able to handle it.

Anonymous said...

It took me a while to realize what you were talking about when you used the word list. I'm glad it went okay! Maybe by the time your wedding comes, you won't even think about it! :)