Tuesday, May 22, 2007

It's not like there's anything BETTER to do while I'm standing there!

I bring my lunch to work every day. It means I save money, I don't have to worry about waits in restaurants or traffic on the way back to work, and I can get my eight hours of work in faster than if I leave for lunch. Lean Cuisine has some pretty awesome meals, so that's what I bring almost every day.

Well, over the last month and a half, I've realized a completely different, even better benefit of bringing my lunch to work.

Our little kitchen area in the office has these five amazingly bright lights over it. One day while I was waiting for my lunch to cook in the microwave, I leaned against the counter, taking advantage of those free moments to look at my ring. As I turned my hand slightly from side to side, I was excited to see what those five amazingly bright lights did for the sparkle. There were lights and colors all over the place!

Every single little diamond in the band and especially the three diamonds in the middle were picking up every bit of that light. It was awesome. I was amazed at how quickly the time went by before the microwave was beeping at me to tell me my food was done.

Since then, that's become my secret little lunch ritual while I wait for my food to cook. I think it's a wonderful use of my time, and it's kind of like eating dessert before lunch.

5 comments:

California Girl said...

That is super cute! I love seeing my ring sparkle and shine!

Anonymous said...

*girl from florida*

You are TOO FREAKING CUTE!! I am loving all your posts lately, you remind me sooo much of myself during the wedding planning stage! :)

Anonymous said...

Haha, when I first got engaged, my favorite place to ring-watch was in the elevator going up to my office. The low lights would catch the diamond in this really spectacular way, and I'd just stand there the whole time, moving my hand around and watching it.

a tall sassy gal said...

That is so good....I love it!

Can't wait to start doing that at work too...

Liz said...

You're hilarious! This reminds me of a commercial for a local jewelery store that was on while I was engaged. It started by showing a car parallel parking but instead of pulling all the way in, the car kept going in and out. Then it zoomed into the car and there was a pregnant woman in there with her ring hand moving the wheel back and forth as she watched her diamond sparkle. It is so funny!