Wednesday, May 16, 2007

And it's not even my birthday!

One of my very favorite products was discontinued about a year ago without any warning. My disappointment was so great when I went to Wal-Mart the first time and found it was no longer on the shelves that I thought about trying to duplicate the product myself. The materials would be easy to find, but recreating that perfect balance might not be so easy.

I decided it was just better to have the memory of it, since I might ruin it with my attempts to make it myself.

Last night, as I was running a long string of errands, I headed to Wal-Mart. I was going through the motions as quickly as I could, getting my usuals: milk, cereal, salad, yogurt, frozen food for lunch at work, Coke Zero ... and there it was! One of my long-lost favorites was right in front of me on the shelf, with a new design and everything: Vanilla Coke Zero!

I think it's no coincidence at all that today was the first day in over a week that it didn't rain in Dallas.

No comments: