Friday, May 18, 2007

Busy weekend coming up!

I'm leaving work early today to head to Lousiana. K has a Hail & Farewell ceremony, which is where they welcome guys who are just returning from a deployment or who have just gotten stationed at the base, and they say goodbye to those who are deploying or who are leaving the base for their next assignment. It's an informal dinner where everyone just hangs out, I think. This will really be my first one (I arrived toward the end of one a little over a year ago for some guys who were leaving for Afghanistan. When I got there, a lot of people were leaving or had already left.).

Tomorrow, K has a battery picnic. I don't really know what to expect with that one. It looks like it's going to be gorgeous tomorrow, so it'll be nice to spend some time outside.

We may head to Shreveport that evening to see one of K's friends who he hasn't seen in several years. Her husband was just deployed to Iraq, so she moved back to Shreveport with her parents while he's gone. K met her and her husband when he first got to Louisiana. He said they were good friends and that they had K and his roommate over for dinner a lot, since they were both bachelors who were getting settled into the area. These friends were there for K through the rough time he had after CM broke off their engagement. He hasn't seen them since they moved to Washington. I've met all of K's friends but them. Hopefully we'll get to see her.

Sunday, I'll have to get up early and head back to Dallas. ER's sister is getting married in a month, and she's having a shower Sunday afternoon. It sucks that I'll have to cut my weekend with K short, but I really can't miss her shower! They're like my second family.

At least next weekend is Memorial Day, though. K and I are planning on going to Austin for the long weekend. Rebecca lives there, so we'll hang out with her. We'll spend some time on 6th Street (where all the bars are, for those of you unfamiliar with Austin), and we may even float the river. I'm really looking forward to it. Plus, it'll be two years for K and me. Austin will be a fun place to celebrate!

No comments: