Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Because I'm behind ...

I bet you thought (or hoped) it was impossible to read about mold and a wedding dress in the same post, but this is what happens when you get busy. You're in for a random, picture-filled, multi-purpose post!

Part 1: Fourth of July
Pictures from my family reunion. The ranch where we had it is so cute!





























Remember this couple?















Part 2: Not a good way to make friends with your neighbors
So the lovely lady who lives upstairs and seems to have no idea that the floor she pounds her feet so heavily into with every step happens to be my ceiling also seems to have no idea that when something's leaking in her apartment on the third floor, it can mean bad things for those on floors beneath her. Imagine my surprise when I went into my laundry room last weekend and saw water dripping from my light in the ceiling. I called the emergency maintenance line, and they went upstairs to stop the leak. I was told they'd be back in the next day or two to repaint the walls, since they were slightly moldy.

Well, that was a week ago, and it's much worse now. This is what it looked like until this morning, when they gutted the closet (which, thankfully, is off my balcony, away from the rest of my apartment so I don't die from breathing in black mold). Now, thanks to my lovely neighbor, I can't do laundry tonight, which I'd planned on doing so I could start packing for seeing K this weekend. Needless to say, neighbor's not on my good list tonight.



















































































Part 3: The Dallas dress?
I think I found it. And my veil. When CG was here, we went dress shopping. I'd seen this one in the catalogue and online and had really liked it. It was a lot like the dress I really liked the first time I went shopping, only this one had the two elements I'd wished one of the dresses that day had had: the sweep train and the lace-up back.

(FYI: This dress is a size too big, so the front will look better when that's fixed.)
























































The thing is, though, that this dress is only in ivory in stores, with the champagne detailing. It's pretty, but I'll want white. I like the contrast, though, and that would be lost with white-on-white. Will you even be able to see the pretty bow in the back if it's white, like the rest of the dress? And white with champagne would be pretty, but the champagne would clash with the yellow flowers I'll be carrying. That's not good.

Or I could get the dress with blue details. I normally don't like color on wedding dresses, but is this good color on a wedding dress? (Keep in mind our colors will be that royal blue and a pale yellow.)

9 comments:

s said...

you look soooo pretty, i like the ivory colors, but i think the blue would look good as well if you wanted some color in your dress.

Anonymous said...

love love LOVE the dress. If you want color on the dress? I think the blue is a very good choice- looks very nice from that picture. But I dont think the details will be lost if you want all white either tho, you look fantastic in it!

California Girl said...

You look AMAZING in that dress! It's gorgeous!

I personally would stay away from color on wedding dresses. My dress was champagne and I loved it. Champagne is nice, especially with your coloring.

I'm a big fan of the dress you have on in the pics.

YAY!

Anonymous said...

I've seen a lot of brides recently put a touch of color on their dress. And why not? It's your day. Walk down in tie dye if it will make you happy. I personally love the pure white with the blue trim. I think that's lovely. Ivory's not bad, but I think white is much more powerful. I like the contrasting trim even if it's a pearl white or a light silver. But I agree with you that the white on white would lose the effect. I totally dig the blue trim though!

Courtney said...

I LOVE the Dress - even in Ivory (actually, especially in Ivory!) So pretty!!!!

And I'm not one for colors in the bridal gown - but the blue actually sorta works.

p.s. I just did a totally random catch up post too!

a tall sassy gal said...

That is gross and I am sorry you couldn't get your laundry done!

Stacey Brandow said...

You look so pretty! :) I think the dress in white will be fabulous!

Katrina said...

Wow--you are going to be a STUNNING bride! I like the color detailing, myself, but maybe it's because I'm secretly wishing my own wedding gown had been a bit less traditional and had a little more zing in it! Whatever you decide, I know it will be lovely!

Pink Sun Drops said...

Beautiful!! So so SO the dress! (the one you have on) You look stunning and you're ALREADY glowing :) !