Monday, July 30, 2007

Well I didn't see THAT coming

I went dress shopping on Saturday with ER and a coworker (Brian). I hadn't been yet with ER, and I wanted to show her the dress I fell in love with when CG and I went dress shopping a month ago.



















I tried on several, and I saved that dress for last. ER and Brian loved it. We were debating color choices and decided that the best combinations would be either ivory and marine (dark blue), or white and champagne. I had my work cut out for me. What to do, what to do ...

And then the lady helping us came up to me with another dress that had just arrived in the store. They hadn't seen it on anyone yet. It was lacy and pretty, and I thought it would be fun to try on one more -- why not?

I came out of the dressing room, and ER and Brian both gasped. Brian's jaw stayed on the floor for a while. It was clear to see that this was the favorite.





































This dress gave me an hourglass figure, which I thought was totally impossible. ER kept saying, "It fits you like a glove!" Brian told me to walk in it a bit, and I did. The way it moves is just gorgeous. It'll look amazing when I walk down the aisle in it. Plus, I asked K what kind of dress he liked, and he said he liked something fitting that would show my figure, not something poofy. The first dress is definitely poofy.

The lacy dress, though, is a bit more expensive, but you only get married once, right?

I'm stuck. I like them both. Maybe I should just get one for the wedding and the other for the reception (riiiiiiiight).

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh you look so pretty! I must confess to still loving that first one, I think it would look so natural when you have to bussle(sp?) it for the reception... the second one is quite a stunner too tho! did it look alright with the bussle? and BOTH those dresses show off your figure, so dont worry about that:-P

my life is brilliant said...

It did look good bustled. That was one of the things I asked about.

And before anyone suggests it, I can't get one for the Florida wedding and the other for the Dallas wedding. I have the FL dress already.

Anonymous said...

I love the lace dress! The first dress looks almost cliche in comparison. (In comparison not on it's own.) You look absolutely stunning in the second. I'd go for the second most definitely. I'm with ER and Brian. It does fit you like a glove. My only question would be would your heels get caught in the lace?

my life is brilliant said...

No heels for me! Ballet flats all the way on my wedding day!

a tall sassy gal said...

The lacy one is the best on you. I see you walking down the aisle in this one. :)

s said...

i love, love, love the lacy dress. it looks perfect on you, totally fits your body!

Stacey Brandow said...

I love the lacy one best! It's definitely more unique and it looks very good on your body! (that sounds weird but you know what I mean!!)

L said...

Oh I definitely love the second. my jaw dropped when i scrolled down to that pic. Of course the first is very beautiful BUT if you can pull off the second one (which you obviously can) you should go with that. that's just my opinion :)

Anonymous said...

I think the "poofy" dress looks so nice on you, that would be my choice for you. But you need to wear what makes you comfortable, it's an amazing experience and there is nothing better in the world than you feeling comfident and comfortable on your wedding day. Good luck with the choice.

Mrs. Architect said...

If it was me, i would choose the lacy. I think the style of the first one is too popular right now that it is going to look very dated when you look back at your pictures. The lacy one is timeless.

btw i think we work out at the same gym :-) I met you once at heather's bday and I have been too chicken to approach you because I wasn't sure if it was you or not, and risk looking like an idiot. hehe

chirky said...

I think they are both beautiful! That's a hard decision.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the lace one and agree with Elle on looking back and not wanting to see a trendy dress in your pictures. The lace one is very timeless and you look stunning in it. It's a very 'look at how beautiful the bride is' dress ..

Chastity said...

Of all the "poofy" dresses I've seen, and I've seen a lot (and it's not my favorite style by far), that poofy dress is very nice...it looks great on you. However, that lacey dress is equally, if not more, beautiful. It totally depends on what style you're going for.

Courtney said...

From the pictures, you look more confident in the lacy dress - like inside you feel like it's more "you"... but that could just be a trick the camera is playing.

Get whichever one makes you the happiest!