Thursday, July 05, 2007

The man's perspective

(from a conversation with K earlier this evening)

Me: Do you know if your cousin is registered at Bed Bath & Beyond? I've got three of those 20% off coupons. If they're registered there, I can bring one when I come up next week, and we can get their gift now instead of having to scramble around when we come up for their wedding.

K: Yeah, we could do that.

Me: Do you know where they're registered?

K: No. [pausing] Why don't people just include that stuff in their invitations: "The bride and groom are registered here."?

Me: Because it's considered distasteful.

K: Why?

Me: Because it sends the message that people have to bring a gift if they come to your wedding.

K: Well what shitbag goes to a wedding and doesn't give a gift? It's like a circle of life: A person dies; a person is born. You come to our wedding, I feed you; you give me a slotted spoon.

3 comments:

Pink Sun Drops said...

That conversation is hilarious! All the wedding invitations I've received have the registry in them, though. It makes it easy!

Where are you registering at :) ? Or did you post that and I missed it...

Anonymous said...

OMG! I was laughing so hard when I read that. That's so hilarious and so true!

If men ruled the world ...


~Jef

a tall sassy gal said...

I love it! It is tacky but at the same time helpful!

But on the otherhand I just search the most commom registry sites and look for them. It is also fun to be nosey to see what they want.