Thursday, July 05, 2007

Can it be next Friday already?

My family reunion yesterday was really fun. I missed it last year because I was in PA with K. It's always good to see my family members and to catch up on what's gone on since the last time we saw each other. Now that all the cousins around my age are all grown up, we look at the ones we remember being babies at the reunions. Those kids are driving now. And even though we're only in our early to mid-20s, it's crazy to see them and remember when they ran around the whole time in just a diaper.

I wished K could have been there. He finished up at We$t Po!nt on Tuesday, so he drove down that night to Pennsylvania to see his family. Everyone at the reunion asked about him. I felt like I told people a billion times why he wasn't there and why we were having two weddings.

Once the fireworks started, I was really missing K. The Fourth of July in 2005 is one of my favorite memories with him. We had just seen each other again for the first time since the weekend we met. He got to Dallas on July 2, and we immediately left for Oklahoma to see my family and watch my brother race. Everyone loved him, and by the end of July 4, we both knew we'd get married someday.

We watched the big fireworks show in my hometown, and then we sat outside on the fence by dad's house watching the fireworks all over the town. A thunderstorm was rolling in from far off on the horizon. We just talked and learned more about each other. It was a really nice night.

Last year was fun, too. It was more of a silly experience, but we had a blast.

Which made me really miss K as I sat watching the fireworks near my grandparents, my dad and his girlfriend, and my cousin and her new husband. I haven't seen K in almost a month. I leave next Friday to see him in Pennsylvania.

I hope this next week goes quickly.

1 comment:

a tall sassy gal said...

awww....just think of how many more you get to spend with him.