Friday, January 11, 2008

Overdrawn

In every sense of the word -- mentally, physically, monetarily and patience-wise. Today sucks.
  • I have -$64 in my checking account. It has been that way since Wednesday, and it will stay that way until Tuesday, when I get paid. All this is due to the post-Christmas crunch, in addition to a $190 carpet-and-couch cleaning bill (so glad it's done, though), a $90 dentist visit, a $65 follow-up dentist visit, a $40 eye exam and a $20 leash I had to buy since Piper chewed through her other one.
  • Piper rolled in poop again today. This time, it was just a spot where some had been, but it was enough to get her fur icky and leave her smelling gross. I had to give her a quick spot-bath, since I knew I would be too busy at work today to come home to let her out at lunch. So I was a bit late to work. We don't have to be in at a certain time, but it means I'll be here that much later today because I have so much to do.
  • I am stressing out about this extra project at work. I feel like I'm doing everything but sending a singing telegram to my boss saying, "Promote me!" I like the project I'm working on, but it's more stressful than my actual job. Hopefully it all pays off when we have our reviews in a few weeks.
  • One of our two microwaves at work is broken, so when I went to heat up my lovely frozen food for lunch, two other people hopped in before me. Awesome. (I threw my lunch back in the freezer and walked off. I feel that semi-tantrum was perfectly logical.)
  • I haven't sent K a care package yet this week, which means I'll have to get one ready tonight or tomorrow. I just feel better when I always have one en route to him. Especially since our entire relationship right now is me sending care packages and emails and him calling when he can.
  • I had an awesome workout on Wednesday that I'm totally glad I did, but when you add to the above list the soreness I feel on the back of my thighs and my butt with every step I take, it's not as great anymore.

Good things:

  • It's Friday.
  • K called yesterday. He's doing well and sounded good, but tired (it was 1:15 a.m. for him).
  • I will be watching chick flicks and drinking champagne tomorrow with one of my work friends.
  • It's Friday.
  • It's Friday.
  • It's Friday.

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Hurray for Friday! Sorry the beginning part of it sort of sucked. I'll be praying that all your hard work doesn't go unnoticed in that performance review! Hang in there (and enjoy the champagne movie night!)

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh honey, I hope today has been so much better. And that your endorphins got a chance to kick in today, I know that always makes us feel better! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sorry you had a rough week. I hope things this week will be better! :)