Tuesday, January 08, 2008

2007: The year of the weddings

Now that we're a week into it, I'll do my review of 2007. It's so late that I'd just skip it, but 2007 was too big of a year for me.

One year ago, K and I were just dating. I think my mom and I were just starting to not speak (for the 11 billionth time). I had never gone skydiving. I was still unhappy at my old job, but about to be offered my current one. I didn't have a dog. I hated Dallas. K had just gotten back from Afghanistan. I had just found out I'd get to go to Hawaii for free in March to be one of my cousin's bridesmaids.

It's been a big year -- probably the biggest of my life. And I just realized last week that I did not see my mother for the entire year of 2007.

Here are some of my favorite highlights:

January:
  • K and I rang in the New Year in Boston. It was an absolute blast.
  • I left the job that had driven me crazy for two and a half years and went to my current job, which is awesome. (Man, I wish I'd left sooner!)
February:
  • Went to Oklahoma to surprise one of my best friends for her birthday
March:
April:
May:
June:
  • K and I decided the Florida wedding was a definite
  • Wedding No. 3 (my college friends, in Norman)
  • Wedding No. 4 -- awesome! (ER's sister, in Dallas)
  • I found my Florida wedding dress
  • I finally got my wisdom teeth removed
July:
  • I totally saw A.ndre 3000 at the airport
  • CG visited
  • Wedding No. 5: more college friends
  • After not seeing each other for a month, I was able to visit K for a few days in PA
  • Serious wedding planning for Florida and more dress shopping for the Dallas wedding
  • K and I bought our wedding bands
August:
  • K and I got our first wedding gift: Tiffany champagne glasses!
  • I mentioned to ER that I was thinking of getting a puppy; next thing I know, I'm submitting adoption papers
  • My last birthday as a single woman: I turned 24
September:
October:
  • K, Danielle and I went to the st.ate fa!r for the OU-t.exas game
  • We started really preparing for the deployment
  • I changed my name
  • K and I went to PA and to Virginia; our trip included a corn maze and my first time ever carving pumpkins. (I also randomly ran into a blogger I read!) We also tied our record for most consecutive days spent together: 11
  • A festive Halloween!
November:
December:

It was a year of big changes, that's for sure. Here's hoping 2008 brings just as many positive things into my life!

2 comments:

L said...

Wow! It WAS a big year for you!

Anonymous said...

your wedding was beautiful- love you!

cynthia